Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day 10

9:30 PM
06/07/09

Not too busy of a day. I did get to go to a local water falls about 15 KM north of town. Again it was a rough dirt road and then we had to walk about a mile to the river to see a small rapids. I guess the locals have never seen a waterfall. It was good to get out. Came back to the motel and chilled out until 7:00 PM.

The operator trainer at the mine invited us over for a Indonesian meal. The company was all Indonesian, so it was hard to understand what they were saying, but they all spoke English. They gave us a spoon and a fork to eat with. The Indonesians use their hands, no utensils. They served chicken, rice, fish, fruit and vegetables. They have a hot sauces for the chicken, I like hot spicy foods but I met my match with that hot sauce. They really enjoy it they put it on everything. The chicken served was very skinny (not much meat) the fish that Jim had was not very good he said full of bones, no taste, but the watermelon was good. The Indonesians eat the rind and all. I got some strange looks when I through away the rinds. We had a good visit with one of the men had his 2 year old granddaughter. She was a doll! A very active girl, just like any two year old. Barry took a picture of me and her with his camera, I will send the picture when I get it.

I will write tomorrow about the second class.

The photo is of the local market place.

No comments:

Post a Comment